An independent bed retailer that suffered a devastating fire at the end of last month, which saw its entire stock destroyed, has reopened in another store with ‘usual service’ now resumed.

Doncaster-based Goodnight Sleeptight saw its store go up in flames on 26 May 2016 due to an accidental electrical fault from a light fitting that was in a display.

Three fire crews from the South Yorkshire Fire and Rescue Service attended the shop, which is based on Woodfield Way, after the fire broke out around 9:40am, which resulted in around 200 people being evacuated.

Firefighters worked tirelessly to prevent the fire from spreading and eventually left the scene at 11:45am after extinguishing the flames.

Goodnight Sleeptight has now confirmed that it has reopened in the retail unit next door while its affected premise undergoes work to repair damages.

A spokesperson for the company said: “We have now reopened in the unit next door until our Showroom can be restored. I would like to say a big thank you to the staff and Management at ‪‎Tescos for allowing us use of the empty unit. Our new stock has arrived and our Bed displays are now ready.”

A spokesperson for the SYFRS said: “Firefighters using breathing apparatus went in to the store and put the fire out using foam. Nobody was hurt and all persons were accounted for.

“The fire was accidental and was caused by an electrical fault. I believe there was a display in store and whatever they were using to light it had caused the fire. The firefighters did a good job stopping the fire from spreading, it could have easily spread.”