During the January Furniture Show Cabinet Maker invited visitors and exhibitors to take part in our competition with the main prize to win a holiday in La Manga, Spain.
Entrants had to visit our stand at the show, which took a look back at some of our front covers since the very first one on 1 July 1880, as well as highlighting significant events in the UK over the decades through iconic photographs.
Cabinet Maker is delighted to announce the three winners who were picked at random by January Furniture Show director Cleere Scammell and our editor Dan Squires.
First place for the holiday
Catherine Taylor from AGTC Brands
Second place for the paintball experience
Shane Allard from Upholstery by Shane Allard
Third place for a year’s free subscription to Cabinet Maker magazine
Rory Smyth from Mid West Furniture
Thank you to everyone that took part and we hope you all enjoyed the show. Congratulations to the winners.
Prizes in detail
A WEEK IN LA MANGA
The La Quinta Club, where the winners of our first prize will be based, is situated in the popular La Manga Club resort in Murcia. The free accommodation includes three bedrooms and three bathrooms, offering accommodation for up to eight people thanks to a sofa bed.
The holiday can be taken anytime between 16th November 2019 and 29th March 2020.
*The winner will have to arrange their own flights and transfers, and will also have to pay for electricity, breakages, telephone and extra cleaning. See full terms and conditions below.
Paintballing with Force 10 offers the chance to take part in colourful warfare within exciting game zones.
Experienced instructors and safety marshals are on-hand at all times to keep things running smoothly.
There are 10 full-day VIP passes to Force 10 Paintball to be won. The VIP pass includes free equipment hire and free use of the latest semi-auto, rapid-fire gun that allows participants to shoot as fast as they can pull the trigger.
The equipment means people having a go can look and feel the part, wearing a mask, coveralls, battle-pack and body armour.
The prize includes 100 free paintballs per player for the big game at the end of the day, but paintballs must be bought for the rest of the day.
Players will get a free snack lunch and free tea and coffee throughout the day to keep them energised for the rest of the combat.
Competition winners will be drawn at random. The editor’s decision is final and there is no cash alternative.
TERMS & CONIDITIONS
La Quinta Club Prize Promotion
- La Quinta Club offer 7 nights in a 3 bedroom / 3 bathroom accommodation, privacy for 6 people, maximum of 8 people using sofa bed.
- Any arrival day of the week is accepted, subject to availability from 9th November 2019 to 27th March 2020, excluding 8th to 14th December 2019 and 6th to 10th January 2020 as are our maintenance weeks. Xmas and New Year are included. Bookings are acceptable subject to availability.
- There is no mid week cleaning included, however fresh towels and sheets can be swapped at no charge in reception, extra cleaning can be organised.
- Electricity will be payable at the end of stay.
- Name and contact details of the winners will be confirmed by email to La Quinta Club to email@example.com
- Winners will be asked for a returnable deposit on arrival at LQC, either the imprint of their credit card or €150 cash.
- The voucher may not be sold or transferred (except to family members), has no cash value, and may only be exchanged for accommodation as stipulated at La Quinta Club.
Specifically not included:
- Flights to Spain
- Transport from the airport to LQC
- Food or beverages
- Extra Cleaning
- Damage or breakages in the villa
All these exclusions are the responsibility of the winner.
- Advance booking is essential and subject to availability, so please book early. Midweek games may be subject to minimum numbers.
- To book, call the venue directly and purchase 100 paintballs per player to confirm your booking. Credit/debit cards are accepted.
- These tickets are for a full day’s play unless agreed with the venue prior to booking.
- Minimum age varies from venue to venue. It’s best to call the venue directly to check first.
- Sales agents are not authorised to alter or vary these terms and conditions in any way.
- All information correct at time of printing.
- Paintballs are not included in this promotion other than 100 balls per player given before the last two games.
- If players leave early or fail to take part in all games, they will forfeit their 100 free paintballs given before the last two games.
- VIP Passes are not valid in conjunction with any other offer., voucher or promotion
- If in the unlikely event you wish to relinquish your VIP entry passes you must contact the ticket seller or your preferred venue within 28 days. Once this period has passed the terms and conditions of the ticket will become binding and it will not be possible to reimburse the tickets.
- If a player fails to attend the event they will lose their pre-payment and are no longer entitled to receive their 100 paintballs.
- Further paintballs will be required and can be purchased on site on the day.
- Bookings must be made directly with the venue, with contact details to be made available to the winner.