FURNITURE TECHNOLOGIST (HOME)
Laura Ashley is a quintessentially British lifestyle brand founded on a rich design heritage and on the traditional values of quality and originality. We use prints and designs that evoke the English countryside, for the way you live today. There is a fantastic opportunity for a Technologist to join our Home Team.
The role will specialise in Furniture and be based either in our Fulham Head Office or Leicestershire distribution centre with time divided between the 2 sites.
You will be a member of the category technologist team working with buyers to develop and approve products to meet our exacting standards and specifications. Tasks will include:
• Working to a strict product development timetable using critical path milestones
• Ensuring products comply with quality, legal and safety requirements, that all packing is robust and that artwork and labelling is correct
• Providing technical support and direction within Laura Ashley
• Managing and approving samples
• Working with suppliers to overcome any quality issues and promote continual improvement
• Keeping accurate records of sealing documents product test reports, certification and specification
Ideally you will have a background in retail and possess all of the following:
• Experience working as a product technologist
• Have a good working knowledge of the Furniture flammability regulations and furniture safety standards
• A good knowledge of product standards and labelling
• PC skills using Microsoft applications
• Good written and verbal communication skills
• The ability to influence others in the pursuit of excellence
• British Driving Licence
Full training on our systems and processes will be given to the right candidate. If you would like to apply to work in a world class company please send your CV and a covering letter, stating your current salary & benefits package, to firstname.lastname@example.org
We receive a large number of applications for our roles and will only contact successful candidates. We do not accept applications from or through Recruitment Agencies.