Founded by David Linley in 1985, LINLEY has a world reowned reputation for fusing innovative design with superlative cabinet-making.
The brand has its roots in designing and curating collections of furniture and accessories that showcase the finest in British design and craftmanship.
- You will be involved in conceiving, developing and delivering unrivalled collections that are unique in their aesthetic and produced through manufacturers and makers who are masters of their trade.
- Working with the Product Development Manager, you must be able to demonstrate a genuine passion and working knowledge of the luxury interiors market and possess the technical, creative and commercial skills to develop exquisitely produced collections that continue to set this brand aside and drive its business forward.
- The business is a blend of both retail and bespoke commissions. It also includes an Interior Design service. The position is to develop collections for the retail offer but in turn will cross over and influence the shape of the business in its entirety.
- You must have a sound and proven technical grounding of furniture and upholstery manufacturing together with the ability to conceive, manage and implement directional product briefs with a wide ranging and complex supply base.
- A solid track record of developing lifestyle accessories is also essential.
- You will be able to demonstrate that you are able to work cross functionally and confidently communicate and influence at all levels.
- Together with the PDM assist with the conception, development and launch of seasonal product collections.
- Assist in the development of the company’s creative strategy through analysis of current sales performance, market/competitor activity in and around product/pricing together with up to date knowledge of relevant product trends and innovative manufacturing techniques.
- Assist the PDM in to Create and deliver detailed product briefs for a team of designers to turn into a suite of viable technical resolutions and renders for initial sign off by the management board. These will also provide the vehicle for proposals to be costed through the supply base.
- Assist the PDM to create and manage the range plans
- Assist the PDM to efficiently manage and minimise all department & development costs without compromising the company product offer.
- Gross Margin management – relentless commercial focus on driving opportunity into the gross margin through targeted sourcing programs for both new and continuity collections.
- Audit and manage a complex supply chain. Maintain and develop excellent working relationships with existing makers and manufacturers. Consistent review of new supplier opportunities together with new and improved routes to market that support the smooth flow of production, maximise new concept potential and support the business’s margin expectation.
- Ensure at all times that new and existing suppliers meet the brand’s exacting standards of quality and manufacturing.
- Negotiate all costs against new product development together with regular reviews of current collections. Ensure that all costs meet planned margin requirements and strive to drive improvement.
- Negotiate all lead time and MOQ dynamics. Together with the Merchandiser, balance MOQ Vs stock investment together with gross margin growth.
- Manage a clear critical path that charts the development process from conception to prototype to final launch.
- Work cross functionally with the Merchandising and Marketing teams to ensure that product delivers against key launch dates and calendar events.
- Assist the PDM to manage a regular meeting schedule with all business stake holders and the management board to both sign off key collections together with charting the overall development process.
- Closely work and facilitate the NPD Technologist to ensure all products meet legal regulations and the company risk criteria. Ensure the company meets it’s due diligence requirements through management of the PD process.
Candidates must have and be:
- BA Hons in furniture or product design. Exceptional technical knowledge of furniture and lifestyle product manufacturing and manufacturing techniques. Outstanding attention to detail and commercially astute.
- Passionate and knowledgeable about leading edge design.
- Able to build solid and sustainable business relations with new and existing partners that truly represent the brand’s values.
- Personable and approachable with supportive management skills. Flexible and adaptable to the creative process and the needs of the business.
- The ability to work to tight deadlines.
- Thrive from working in and across diverse team dynamics within the business.
- Excellent I.T. skills.
- Be prepared to travel both in the UK and worldwide and hold a full driving license.
To apply, please email your CV to Ben Barnard at email@example.com