Prototype Development Manager/Upholsterer
We are a well-established furniture manufacturer specialising in designing and making high quality sofas and chairs. Based in Hastings, we manufacture under our own brands for independent retailers, in addition to exclusive models for highly respected department stores.
As Prototype Development Manager/Upholsterer, you will be responsible for the development of all new products, liaising with the Managing Director/Designer and Factory Manager developing new designs, pattern making and making prototype frames, co-ordinating the introduction within the factory.
The ideal candidate will have a proven track record of prototype making in furniture manufacture, however experience from a related industry will be considered.
• Good communication skills
• A confident personality
• A wide knowledge of modern upholstery techniques
• Excellent organisational skills and the ability to meet deadlines
• Ability to work with the quality controller to ensure consistent standards for production
• Long-term commitment and desire to grow with the company
This is a full-time role with a salary discussed at interview commensurate with experience.
Please apply with CV. Closing date for applications is 5th April.
Michael Tyler Furniture (UK) Ltd,
Woodlands Way, The Ridge, Hastings, East Sussex TN34 2RY