Founded by David Linley in 1985, LINLEY has a world reowned reputation for fusing innovative design with superlative cabinet-making.
Support the NPD Manager in maximising the profitability of the business area through improved product development, on time reception, reduced product quality issues and re-sourcing projects.
1. Manage the technical aspects of projects/products for the business area ensuring all responsibilities are delivered in line with business & legal requirements
2. Work with test houses where appropriate to ensure compliance and due diligence, maintaining company information systems in line with requirements
3. Manage technical aspects of re-sourcing projects for the business area to deliver agreed cost saving KPI’s and off set price increases.
4. Working with the product developer, design studio and sourcing offices to ensure all products are executed in terms of construction, fittings, means of production, finish, raw material, packaging, assembly instructions, labelling etc. to agreed quality and customer standards
5. Help the Product Developer & NPD manager in product sign off process for new product development to ensure on time reception for collection launch and prevent QC related issues within agreed KPI’s
6. Contribute throughout the product development process to ensure designs meet customer expectations and legal requirements.
7. Be responsible for any quality problems which occur with existing products ensuring a quick resolution to any issue and maximising claims recovery for the business area.
8. Analyse current products to identify where product quality can be improved, and cost efficiencies realised, without compromising the design integrity
9. Work with sourcing offices to continuously improve all aspects of product quality, thus maximising sales and reducing quality related issues to agreed KPI’s
10. Assist the NPD Manager in implementing sourcing strategy to provide a flexible and efficient supplier base, consolidating suppliers where necessary
11. Highlight and provide a business case for any training/ development the members of the technical team may need to increase competence and skill levels
12. Manage travel and sample budget for the technical requirements.
13. Undertake any specific projects in conjunction with the NPD Manager / Sourcing colleagues with a view to effecting long term strategic improvements within the business.
14. Provide excellence in customer service to internal and external customers listening to and understanding their needs and responding in a customer focused manner.
The Successful Applicant
- BA Hons degree in furniture or product design
- Minimum 2 year’s experience in a retail technologist role working within furniture & homewares
- Excellent spoken and written English
- Ability to communicate clearly across all mediums with countries whom English is not their 1st language
- Good computer skills in word excel and email
- Good Auto cad abilities (or similar transferable skills)
- Be self-motivated and entrepreneurial
- Be able to commute to central London on a daily basis with possible international travel in the future (valid passport with no travel restrictions)
- Own car will be an advantage but not essential
- Salary will be between £23-30k depending on experience and performance in interview.
To apply, please email your CV to Ben Barnard at firstname.lastname@example.org